Kevin Kolb threw the ball in Jeremy Maclin's direction seven times during today's 31-17 win over the Falcons.
And those targets produced seven completions for 159 yards and two touchdowns. The catches and receptions are new career highs for Maclin. The two touchdowns match a career high.
When DeSean Jackson left the game after a brutal hit on the Eagles' fourth offensive possession, it was natural to wonder whether the offense would be able to still get the ball down the field. With the Falcons gaining some momentum in the third quarter, cutting the Eagles' lead to 21-10, Kolb found Maclin for an 83-yard touchdown down the far sideline.
Maclin averaged 22.7 yards per reception and is proving to be another big-play threat for the Birds. He has at least one catch of 40 or more yards in three of the Eagles' last four games. Maclin also has six touchdowns, which (as of this writing) is tied with the Giants' Hakeem Nicks for tops among wide receivers.
The efficiency between Kolb and Maclin is remarkable. In the last two weeks, take away two balls that were batted at the line of scrimmage, and Kolb has targeted Maclin 14 times. Thirteen of those attempts have resulted in completions for 254 yards and a pair of scores.
* Kolb had a monster game, completing 23 of 29 attempts for 326 yards, three touchdowns and an interception. Two of those incompletions were drops and one was batted down at the line of scrimmage.
* Jason Avant had his best game of the season with five catches for 62 yards.
* The offensive line was a huge concern coming in, but the guys up front held up. I have to go back and re-watch the game to see how much help the tight ends and running backs provided, but the Eagles only surrendered one sack.
* LeSean McCoy had a hot start, but then slowed down considerably, finishing with just 64 yards on 21 carries.
* Jackson had 78 total yards and a pair of touchdowns before leaving the game.
* The Eagles did a much better job on the tight end. Tony Gonzalez had two touchdowns, but finished with just three catches for 19 yards.
* Trent Cole added a pair of sacks. He now has five on the season.
* Asante Samuel picked up his second interception.
* This was the Eagles' first home win of the season.
You can follow Moving the Chains on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.
And download the 2010 MTC app from the ITunes store.