Nate Allen spends time over by the fence signing autographs. The rookie is picking up on the little things.
On the field, Duce Staley directs the running backs. Lined up on the sideline near the end zone are LeSean McCoy, Leonard Weaver, Martell Mallett, Charles Scott and Eldra Buckley. On Staley's count, they take off for the other sideline - sometimes sprinting, sometimes jogging. Over and over again. At one point, Scott asks a question. Staley reminds him he's a rookie.
Further down the field is Ernie Sims. The new Eagles linebacker is partnered up with two members of the offense: Cornelius Ingram and Clay Harbor. The tight ends working on their routes. Sims working on covering them.
There are others too: Stewart Bradley and Sean McDermott having a classroom session off to the side. Linebackers Omar Gaither, Moise Fokou, JaMar Chaney, Akeem Jordan, Simoni Lawrence and Tracy White on the next field over. The entire second-team offensive line working with coach Juan Castillo.
This is the scene after Andy Reid's hour-long practice Saturday afternoon at Lehigh. Players wanting to get better - each with a different goal.
Bradley looking to prove he's 100 percent healthy and can lead this defense. Sims looking to resurrect his career after fading away in Detroit. Allen showing the fans he appreciates their support. And Lawrence just trying to stay on the roster for another day.
Similar scenes are playing out at 31 other locations around the league. Just thought it was interesting to see it all happening at the same time after today's practice.
* I put a quick post up earlier about Jeremy Maclin and Asante Samuel returning to practice.
* Remember last week when I told you the Eagles defensive backs chanted Get Money when they broke their huddle? Today it was Execution. Very disappointing.
* I caught another glimpse of Trent Cole working with Brandon Graham off to the side during practice. Cole talked about Graham and his potential in our video earlier today.
* Trevor Laws batted down a couple passes. OK, so they were against Mike Kafka. But still, a good day of practice for Laws. On the one deflection, Graham dove to the ground and appeared to get his hands underneath the ball for an interception.
* Michael Vick continues to see a rep here and a rep there with the first-team offense.
* Quintin Mikell intercepted a Vick pass in the end zone. This morning, Mikell picked off Kevin Kolb. He's having a good camp.
* And if you missed them earlier, here are my observations from the morning practice.
And download the 2010 MTC app from the ITunes store.