Michael Vick led the Eagles on a furious comeback attempt in the second half, but the Birds fell short, losing to the Packers, 27-20, Sunday afternoon at the Linc.
Kevin Kolb was one of many Eagles to leave the game due to injury. Kolb suffered a concussion in the second quarter, then briefly returned to game later in the quarter. But he was ruled out in the second half.
Vick took over, completing 16 of 24 passes for 175 yards and a touchdown. He also carried 11 times for 103 yards. That rushing total was the fourth-highest in the league Sunday (as of 7:37 p.m.).
The Eagles had a chance to drive for the game-tying score in the fourth quarter. With 4:13 left, the Birds took over at their own 24 yard line and drove to the Packers' 42. Faced with a 4th-and-1, Vick attempted to rush up the middle out of the shotgun, but Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, who killed the Eagles all game, was there to stop him.
Andy Reid will update injuries in his post-game press conference, but Leonard Weaver, Stewart Bradley, Jamaal Jackson and Kolb all left the game and did not return.
Did you notice...
* That both Kolb and Bradley came back into the game in the second quarter after they suffered concussions? Neither player returned in the second half.
* That Ellis Hobbs returned kicks and DeSean Jackson returned punts? Which makes it unclear why sixth cornerback Jorrick Colvin was active.
* Who filled in for the injured Eagles? Mike McGlynn replaced Jackson at center. Omar Gaither played middle linebacker for Bradley. Eldra Buckley replaced Weaver. King Dunlap came in for Jason Peters, who left briefly in the third quarter. And Michael Vick of course replaced Kolb. Am I missing anyone?
* That the Eagles only went with two reserve linemen? They were McGlynn and King Dunlap. Both guys were on the field in the third quarter. If the Eagles suffered an injury to an offensive lineman at that point, I'm not sure who would have filled in.
* How much Antwan Barnes played? The DE acquired from the Ravens last weekend got on the field quite a bit in nickel situations.
* That by the end of the first quarter, all eight of Sean McDermott's defensive linemen who were active had played?
* That rookie Kurt Coleman saw spot action in certain defensive packages?
* That DeSean Jackson did not have his first catch until 7:49 left in the third quarter?
* That, at halftime, the Eagles had completed two total passes for 11 yards to all their wide receivers and tight ends combined?
* That the Eagles had 10 penalties for 80 yards?
* That Brandon Graham played both inside and outside?
* That Juqua Parker had two sacks in the first quarter?
* That the Eagles gave up a 51-yard kickoff return in the third quarter immediately after cutting the lead to 20-10? Aaron Rodgers ended up hitting Greg Jennings for a 32-yard touchdown on the drive, increasing the lead to 27-10.
* That Brent Celek's first catch did not come until 12:51 in the fourth quarter?
And download the 2010 MTC app from the ITunes store.