Update on John Felder case
The lawyer for John Felder, the 76-year-old Florida man who targeted a Villanova family in a botched kidnapping case, said Friday talks about the case.
"He has the support of his family and his family is very distraught over this,” Felder said.
In close-to-MontCo news, Jason R. Antoine, a Chadds Ford attorney, said Friday that he will be talking with the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office to determine if a hearing scheduled for Tuesday will be delayed.
Antoine, a private attorney, would not say much about the case or his client, who allegedly had an elaborate plan to target affluent households in Villanova and kidnap family members for a ransom.
While little is so far known about Felder, he does have a family.
For background on this story, I've pasted below today's story from my colleague, Rita Giordano:
It was shortly before 8 p.m. Nov. 7 when the gray-haired, mustachioed flower deliveryman rang the doorbell at the house on Abrahams Lane in Villanova, a street of stately homes and affluent residents.
When the 50-year-old homeowner opened the door, the delivery man told him the flowers were for his wife, who was not home. So the homeowner took the large bouquet, and the delivery man drove away, only to return moments later.
"Don't you want to know who the flowers are from?" he reportedly asked. "The card for the flowers had fallen inside my vehicle."
The man took the card. Then the deliveryman shot him in the chest with a Taser.
The man managed to shut the door, and the deliveryman drove off in a silver minivan.
Three days later, John Felder, 76, of Miami, was in police custody, leaving authorities in Radnor Township investigating what appears to be a bizarre, botched kidnapping-for-ransom scheme.