A police official in Montgomery County released traffic and detour information today relating to the viewing and funeral of Plymouth Township Police Officer Bradley Fox.
Viewings are planned for this afternoon and early Wednesday, followed by the 11 a.m. funeral on Wednesday.
John Livingood, deputy chief of the Abington Township Police Department, said the following road closures will be in place in Whitpain and Plymouth Townships. The roads will be closed today from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Wednesday from 6 a.m. until 3 p.m.:
1. Walton Rd. between Germantown Pike and Stenton Ave.
2. Township Line Rd. between Penllyn Blue Bell Pike and Narcissa Rd.
3. Norristown Rd. between Township Line Rd. and Narcissa Rd.
Citizens wishing to attend the viewing or funeral should park at the Greater Plymouth Community Center, 2910 Jolly Rd., Livingood said. A shuttle will be provided to take them to the Epiphany of Our Lord Church, 3050 Walton Road.
Livingood said that following the 11 a.m. funeral Mass at the church, the funeral procession will take this route to the cemetery in Bucks County:
1. From the church on Walton Road, vehicles will turn left onto Township Line Road to Arch Street.
2. They will go left on Arch Street to Belvoir Road, left on Belvoir passing the Police Station, with a brief pause at the Police Station, continuing to Plymouth Road.
3. They will turn left on Plymouth Road to Sandy Hill Road, and left again on Sandy Hill Road.
4. The vehicles will bear right onto Sandy Hill Road to Germantown Pike.
5. They will turn right on Germantown Pike to the Pennsylvania Turnpike On-Ramp near the Plymouth Meeting Mall.
6. The vehicles will head east on the turnpike (I-276) for 18.3 miles to Exit 351 (Philadelphia/Trenton)
7. They will take U.S. 1 North towards Morrisville for 6.9 miles.
8. They will merge onto I-95 north towards Trenton for 2.9 miles to exit 49, PA Rte. 332.
9. Finally, the procession will go to Washington’s Crossing National Cemetery, 830 Highland Road, Newtown, Pa. 18940.