Give your Christmas tree a proper burial by dropping it off at a recycling center.
Take off the lights, ornaments and stand, and don't put the tree in a bag (they gum up the machinery).
Bring on the New Year!
- Hatfield Community Park and Pool. You can leave the trees in a designated area and they will get recycled. Now through the end of January.
- Upper Providence Township Building, 1286 Black Rock Road. Now through Jan. 28.
- Upper Providence Compost Site, 1094 Longford Road. Wednesday 1 to 4 p.m. or Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (While you're there, you can also load up some free compost!)
- Lower Merion Township residents can throw out trees along with their regular trash during the first two weeks of January. Or drop them at the Public Works Complex, 1300 N Woodbine Ave. in Penn Valley.
- Abington Township residents can throw out trees with their regular trash Jan. 1-30.
- Cheltenham Township has designated pick-up days. East of Old York Road: Jan. 16, 17, 24 & 25. West of Old York Road: Jan. 14, 15, 22 & 23.
- Norristown residents can throw out trees with their regular trash the second week of January.
- Upper Merion Township residents can schedule a tree pickup online starting Jan. 2. Or drop off the tree at 694 W. Beidler Road, King of Prussia on Mon-Thu, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Horsham Township residents can schedule a pickup Jan. 5 or 19. Call your trash hauler or go online for more information.
- Upper Dublin will pick up trees curbside. North of Susquehanna Road, Jan. 9. South of Susquehanna Road, Jan. 16. All remaining trees will be collected Jan. 30.
- Lower Providence will pick up trees curbside on Wednesdays
- Upper Moreland will pick up trees curbside on Mondays in January and February.