College comments on fire

A fire at Rosemont College that began with a gas leak, resulted in three people suffering minor burns. Two were taken to Temple University Hospital while the third refused treatment. Here's the statement the college issued Wednesday night.

The Rosemont College Community is grateful that the gas fire caused by construction on Rosemont's campus has now been extinguished. The gas fire was located on the construction site of the College's new $2 million Athletic Complex, due to be complete later this month. We owe much to the Bryn Mawr Fire Company, the Ardmore Fire Company, the Lower Merion Police Department, PECO, Rosemont College's Public Safety Officers, and all those who helped restore safety to our campus. The Rosemont Community wishes a speedy recovery to the 3 individuals who sustained minor injuries in the accident.

-Rosemont College