Bored watching San Jose’s Ben Eager _ the former Flyer whose penchant for dumb penalties makes Dan Carcillo look like a Lady Byng candidate _ embarrass himself in the Stanley Cup playoffs?
Well, below is a Flyers quiz to give you a quick hockey fix.
If you get at least nine correct answers, you can pretend you’re skating with the Cup over your head.
Seven or eight correct responses make you a true fan; if you get at least six right, we’ll generously give you a passing grade.
Five or fewer and you must start the season with Adirondack.
- Most fans know that James van Riemsdyk led the Flyers in shots (70) in this year’s playoffs. Who was second on the Flyers?
- In two of the Flyers’ four playoff victories this season, the winning goals were scored by players who could be free agents on July 1. Name them.
- Who had more goals in this year’s playoffs _ Carcillo or Mike Richards?
- True or False. The Flyers last won the Cup in 1976.
- Who led the Flyers in points in this year’s playoffs?
- True or False. All three Flyers goalies had goals-against averages over 3.00 in this year’s playoffs.
- In 1976, he set a Flyers record by scoring goals in 10 straight playoff games. Name him.
- Can you name the two Flyers who each had seven goals in this year’s playoffs?
- Two former Flyers share the club record with 53 playoff goals. Name at least one of them.
- Who was the winning goalie when the Flyers defeated Buffalo in Game 7 of the conference quarterfinals this year?
Answers: 1. Danny Briere, with 47 shots. 2. Ville Leino and Nik Zherdev. 3. Carcillo, who had two goals _ one more than Richards. 4. False. The Flyers’ last Cup was in 1975. They were the runner-ups in 1976, losing to Montreal. 5. Claude Giroux, who had 12. 6. True. 7. Reggie “The Rifle” Leach. 8. JVR and Briere. 9. Rick MacLeish and Bill Barber. 10. Brian Boucher.
Get exclusive videos and analysis in our new app for iPhone and Android. Download it here.