This exchange occurred moments ago during the live chat on www.philly.com by Bill Green, city councilman at-large.
Comment From "Stu": How many members of the mayor's administration does it take to change a light bulb?
Bill Green: By my count, it would take 43:
- One to write a speech on how changing the bulb will usher in a new day of transparency and openness;
- One to write a press release about the mayor’s bold action on light bulbs and why Council should give up its own light bulbs;
- 39 to watch in awe in the mayor’s reception room as the mayor changes the light bulb -- 10 of whom will be personally thanked for their selfless hard work on the light-bulb issue;
- One to write a press release announcing the light bulb has been changed;
- And one to tell the press why the mayor wouldn’t need to change light bulbs at all if Council would just eliminate DROP.