At next Tuesday's meeting, May 19 1 pm, Philadelphia City Planning Commission will consider:
- Zoning Bill 09-0354, which would allow an "interim" casino with up to 1,700 slot machines surrounded by parking
- Vacating the riverfront end of Shackamaxon Street in Fishtown near the proposed Sugar House casino site
- The University of Pennsylvania's plan to replace an illegal parking lot, south of Walnut between the railroad and the Schuylkill, with beach volleyball courts and other sports fields.
- Brighter Hope LLC's plan to build housing for 2,000 university students on the site of the former Wanamaker School, 11th and Cecil B. Moore, not far from Temple U.
- John Buck Co.'s plans to build apartments above 2116-32 Chestnut St. near Rittenhouse Square.
- New zoning that would restrict industrial building and building right up to the riverbank along the Delaware River through the city, inspired by the Penn Praxis plan.
- A new Delaware River Conservation District, and acquisition of the former K&T Railroad line for a riverside "rails to trails" project, part of the East Coast Greenway.
- New uses for the desolate eastern part of the old Philadelphia Navy Yard and the "Southport" neighborhood
- A townhouse development at Aramingo Ave. and Church St. in Port Richmond.