Sunday, April 20, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

OSI REACTION

A report that New York Giants Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora was out for the season after injuring his left knee in a weekend preseason game against the New York Jets created the natural speculation that Michael Strahan will come out of retirement and return to his role as a starting left defensive end.

OSI REACTION

A report that New York Giants Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora was out for the season after injuring his left knee in a weekend preseason game against the New York Jets created the natural speculation that Michael Strahan will come out of retirement and return to his role as a starting left defensive end.

"No," Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb said when asked about Strahan's possible return. "He's done."

Tackle Tra Thomas said if he was the Giants he would definitely be on the phone to Strahan.

"Yeah, I would," he said.

Guard Todd Herremans put the possibility of Strahan's return in the simplest of terms.

"Money talks," he said. "Money talks."

ZONT COVERAGE

The Eagles' first-team offense lined up against the first-team defense during a two-minute drill in practice today, but the confrontation was over after one play when a Donovan McNabb pass intended for rookie DeSean Jackson was intercepted by Asante Samuel.

Referee Andy Reid ruled that Samuel returned the interception for a touchdown.

"Don't you know that 75 percent of the world is covered by water and the other 25 percent is covered by Zont?" Samuel yelled at McNabb afterward.

Zont?

"That's my nickname," Samuel said. 

 

 

About this blog
Birds' Eye View is the Inquirer's blog covering all things Philadelphia Eagles and the NFL.

Jeff McLane Inquirer Staff Writer
Zach Berman Inquirer Staff Writer
Latest Videos:
Also on Philly.com:
Stay Connected