Quarterback Michael Vick, running back LeSean McCoy, wide receiver Jason Avant and running back Chris Polk have all been ruled out for Monday's game against the Carolina Panthers. Some other quick notes from Andy Reid:
- Bryce Brown will start at running back. Dion Lewis will also mix in. Stanley Havili and Damaris Johnson can also line up at running back.
- Brandon Boykin will likely start off at kick returner, with other potential options after him. Boykin was benched last week for Bryce Brown, but Brown will now start.
- Danny Watkins is in "similar" shape to last week, when he did not start. Expect Jake Scott to start again.
- The decision to claim Greg Salas had nothing to do with Mardy Gilyard, who was cut. The Eagles liked Salas as an inside receiver who can play the slot.
- Reid said Foles had a better week of practice this week than last week.
"I thought he was more comfortable in there playing, he doesn't have any problems sitting all that stuff out and knowing it," Foles said. "Knowing how to take your drops and make your drops work for the coverages, and then the players that you're playing with, and making sure you have a good feel for them."