We're just beating the clock here to get this before noon. Sorry for the delay -- travel from Cleveland complicated the normal schedule. Onto the daily roundup..
QUESTION OF THE DAY
If Nick Foles is the backup quarterback, should the Eagles keep Mike Kafka or Trent Edwards as No. 3?
FROM THE INQUIRER
- Nick Foles' performance might have vaulted him into the lead for the Eagles' No. 2 quarterback, writes Jeff McLane:
But after Foles turned in another eye-opening outing under center, it is all but certain that the rookie quarterback has Wally Pipp'ed Kafka, who has been sidelined with a broken left hand.
- The Eagles' defense played its best game yet after two uninspiring performances:
If nothing else, Friday was a testament to the Eagles' depth on defense. Of the four first-half sacks, only one came from a starting lineman. Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden was so close to the Eagles' pass rushers that he could have identified the hotel toothpaste.
- In this notebook, find out about left tackle and Eagles Midwest.
FROM BIRDS' EYE VIEW
It was an appropriate day to look at the quarterback depth chart.
- Andy Reid tempered Nick Foles fever.
- The Eagles left Cleveland in good health.