QUESTION OF THE DAY
Each day, we'll introduce a question to fans that you can answer and discuss in the comments section below. Here's one for today: Which position do you feel most comfortable about and least comfortable heading into the season?
Onto the links...
FROM THE INQUIRER
- Tra Thomas called the greatest day of his football career coming to the Eagles, where he found a life and a father figure, writes Bob Ford:
Reid didn't come along until Thomas' second season, tightening up a ship that, according to Thomas, charted a pretty loose course in the last season under Rhodes. All of a sudden there was discipline and accountability, and Thomas was made for that kind of system.
- There are two ways to view Mike Kafka's injury, writes Jeff McLane:
Figuring out which way the Eagles view his injury will give a much clearer picture of their ultimate plans at backup quarterback.
- Nnamdi Asomugha was at practice -- briefly -- along with some other notes:
The Eagles cornerback, however, did the bare minimum on Thursday and left before the more strenuous part of practice began. The team said Asomugha left early because of a sore neck that Eagles coach Andy Reid said Tuesday came from the whiplash of the hit.
FROM BIRDS' EYE VIEW
- Will the Eagles keep a fullback? Jeff McLane explores.
- Who makes the cut at defensive tackle? Find out here.
WHAT TO EXPECT TODAY
- Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and defensive coordinator Juan Castillo meet with reporters at 10:45, so check Birds' Eye View for all your updates. The Eagles practice in the afternoon in what would resemble a Thursday practice during the season. Jeff McLane will also take a look at who will make the cut at cornerback, only on Birds' Eye View today.