Kids love tacos! Try this veggie filled alternative to the traditional taco and your kids will have fun creating their favorite meal turned upside down.
Turkey Taco Salad
- 12 ounces lean ground turkey
- 2 cups green pepper,chopped
- 1 cups bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups plum tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 serving of baked tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Spray medium pan with cooking spray. Cook turkey and pepper over medium-high heat until temperature reaches 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Drain liquid from meat mixture.
- Mix in salsa and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix in cilantro.
- Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 4 plates.
- Divide remaining ingredients in 4 and sprinkle on top of lettuce.
This recipe was adapted from the Nutrition in the Kitchen Cookbook from the Healthy Weight Program at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.