These ground turkey meatballs are in regular rotation at our house. Both of my girls - 1 and 4-years old - will eat these up pretty fast. I combined meatball recipes from Cooks.com and O'Boy! Organic. O'Boy! Organic offers cooking classes ranging from making your own babyfood to how to get your picky eater to eat veggies. Meatballs are a great way to sneak in some extra veggies for my kids (and even my husband)!
Make sure to use lean ground turkey, instead of a white and dark ground turkey mix to cut down on saturated fat. Otherwise, a lean ground beef would have less saturated fat.
Ground turkey meatballs
- 1 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tbsp dry or 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup grated sweet onion
- 1-2 tbsp of ground flax seed (optional)