Healthy family recipe: Sweet Potato Spears
Turn up the flavor and nutrition on your classic potato wedges with this week's recipe!
Turn up the flavor and nutrition on your classic potato wedges with this week’s recipe. Sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin A, important for eye sight, as well as healthy teeth and skin. They are also a source of Vitamin C, fiber, and many other vitamins and minerals.
Sweet Potato Spears
3 sweet potatoes, skin washed
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees
- Cut the ends off of the potatoes, then slice each potato into 8 wedges
- Combine spices. Toss potatoes in olive oil and spices, coating evenly
- Put wedges on a wire cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. (This helps to keep air circulating so wedges can get crispy.)
- Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes until soft when pierced with a fork. Turn up the oven to broil for an additional 3-5 minutes to make them crispy.
Have a question for the Healthy Kids panel? Ask it here.
Read more from the Healthy Kids blog »