Denise Jeffery RD, LDN is a clinical dietitian for Healthy Weight Program at The Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia.
Brighten up your breakfast with this breakfast quesadilla that provides fruit, fiber, and protein to get the day started off right. Just remember you want to limit any nut butters to the serving size, since they can really add up in calories and fat.
Peanut butter, Strawberry, Banana Breakfast Quesadilla
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 whole grain tortillas
- 1 small ripe banana, sliced
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (if desired)
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat and spray pan with cooking spray.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter evenly over each tortilla. Arrange both the banana and strawberry slices over one tortilla, sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon, and top with the remaining tortilla, peanut butter side down. Press gently to help them stick together.
- When the skillet is hot, add the quesadilla, flipping once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Cut quesadilla into half. Serves 2
Adapted from Ambitiouskitchen.com
Have a question for the Healthy Kids panel? Ask it here.
Read more from the Healthy Kids blog »