Looking for an appetizer or marinade for your holiday barbeque? Give this peach salsa a try.
- 4 ripe but firm peaches, peeled and pitted then diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, diced (discard stems and seeds for a milder salsa!)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
In a large bowl add the peaches, tomato, onion, lime juice, and jalapeño. Stir well.
Ways to serve peach salsa:
- Serve on top of chicken or fish
- Add to quesadillas
- Add to grilled chicken lettuce wraps
- Serve on top of toasted whole wheat pita bread
- Recipe makes 2 cups. Serving size ¼ cup
Adapted from Nourish Network by Alison Ashton