August is National Peach Month! Celebrate this sweet and local fruit with a simple salad. We used ripe yet crisp peaches to help balance out the softness of the tomatoes and give the salad a sweet crunch. Balsamic vinegar adds tangy flavor without the calories so you can add less honey and salt.
At just 60 calories per 1 cup serving, this salad makes the perfect healthy side dish to any end of summer celebration.
Just Peachy Tomato Salad
- 3 medium peaches
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt (1/16 of a teaspoon)