Many store bought peanut butters are made with added sugar and oil; you can avoid these by making this quick and easy recipe at home.
Homemade peanut butter
- 2 Cups roasted peanuts (unsalted)
- A pinch to ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Put the peanuts in a food processor, process until they break down and bunch up into a glob that goes around in the food processor bowl, about 1 minute
- Scrape around the inside of the food processor with a spatula. Add the salt and then continue to process stopping 2-3 more times to scrape the bowl, until the peanut butter is smooth.
- Store the peanut butter in a covered container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator. When you take the peanut butter out of the fridge, it will be a little bit hard and difficult to spread, but it will soften after a few minutes at room temperature.