Be Amazing! Toys Recalls Monster Science and Super Star Science Colossal Water Balls

Be Amazing! Toys recalled 15,400 Monster Science and Super Star Science Colossal Water Balls in the United States and Canada because it is a serious ingestion hazard.

The soft and colorful product can be easily mistaken by a child for candy. When the marble-sized toy is ingested, it can expand inside a child’s body and cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life threatening. The toys do not show up on an x-ray and require surgery to be removed from the body.

No injuries have been reported. U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is aware of one incident with a similar water-absorbing polymer ball product in which an 8-month-old girl ingested the ball and it had to be surgically removed. For more information, go to the CPSC website.


Have a question for the Healthy Kids panel? Ask it here.

Read more from the Healthy Kids blog »

Continue Reading