Be Amazing! Toys recalls 26,500 monster science growing spiders

Be Amazing! Toys recalled about 26,500 of its monster science growing spiders sets because the water-absorbing polymer balls pose a serious ingestion hazard.

The hard and colorful toy can be easily mistaken for candy by a child. When the marble-sized toy is ingested, it expands and can cause intestinal obstructions inside a child’s body, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life threatening. The toys need surgery to be removed from the body. Similar toys have not shown up on x-rays.

No injuries have been reported, but U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Website is aware of one incident where an 8-month-old girl ingested a similar water-absorbing polymer ball that had to be surgically removed.
For more information, go the CPSC Website.

Have a question for the Healthy Kids panel? Ask it here.

Read more from the Healthy Kids blog »