The Council of Fashion Designers of America and Vogue announced the ten finalists for their joint Fashion Fund initiative Monday afternoon.
Hundreds of emerging designers apply for the Fashion Fund each year for the opportunity to win a six-figure cash prize. The 2011 winner was Joseph Altuzarra, who took home $300,000. Runners-up included Pamela Love and the designers of Creatures of the Wind pocketing $100,000. All three winners received business mentorships from top fashion designers and executives, and designed collaboration lines for J.Crew.
This year's finalists include:
1. Andrea Lieberman, A.L.C.
2. Greg Armas, Assembly New York
3. Sofia Sizzi, Giulietta
4. Justin Salguero, Daniel Silberman, and Alina Silberman; Illesteva
5. Jennifer Fisher, Jennifer Fisher Jewelry
6. Jennifer Meyer Maguire, Jennifer Meyer
7. Max Osterweis and Erin Beatty, Suno
8. Tabitha Simmons, Tabitha Simmons
9. Greg Chait, The Elder Statesman
10. Wes Gordon, Wes Gordon