As part of schools chief Arlene Ackerman's plan to boost parent and family involvement, the school district has opened parent resource centers throughout the city as one-stop-shops for information and support.
Although the centers have been in operation for several weeks, Ackerman will host a ribbon-cutting event on Monday. Each center will offer tours of the facilities, professional development workshops for parents as well as giveaways of supplies and gift vouchers for the holiday season.
At each center, parents can receive assistance with enrollment, transfers, special education services and re-engagement services. The centers are in place of the recently-disbanded regional offices which served as a buffer between schools and Central Office.
The following centers are open from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
1. 2603 N. 5th St., 4th Floor, 215-291-5696
2. 4101 Chalfont Drive, 215-281-5903
3. Grover Washington Middle School, 201 E. Olney Ave., 2nd Floor, 215-456-0998
4. Leeds Middle School, 1100 E. Mt. Pleasant Ave., 215-248-6684
5. Monroe Building, 427 Monroe St., 215-351-7604
6. 6900 Greenway Ave., 215-727-5920
7. McMichael Elementary School, 3543 Fairmount Ave., Ground Floor, 215-823-5530
8. District Headquarters, 440 N. Broad Street, 215-400-7272