Place 1 serving of oats in a mason jar with water or almond milk, a pinch of cinnamon, and splash a of vanilla. Then add any of the below flavor combinations. Store in the refrigerator overnight. Can be eaten cold or warm.
Choose a flavor combo:
- Banana Walnut: ½ super ripe banana, mashed + 1 Tbs walnuts
- Lemon Blueberry Coconut: Lemon juice/zest, ¾ cup blueberries, 1 Tbs unsweetened coconut flakes
- Carrot Cake: ½ cup shredded zucchini/shredded carrots, 1 Tbs raisins, 1 Tbs walnuts
- Pumpkin Spice: ⅓ cup pumpkin puree, ½ cup diced apple, 1 Tbs pumpkin seeds
- PB&B: 1-2 Tbs PB, banana slices
- Raspberry Mocha Almond: 1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, ¾ cup coffee, ¾ cup frozen raspberries, 1 Tbs sliced almonds
- Cranberry Orange Pecan: ½ cup (fresh or frozen) cranberries + 1 orange (zest, juice) + 1 Tbs Pecans
Lindsey Kane is a Registered Dietitian in Philadelphia. For more nutrition tips and recipes, visit her blog at biteforchange.com.
Read more Goal Getter for healthy eating, weight loss and more.