These make-ahead mini frittatas are a saving grace for chaotic mornings. Make a big batch and store them in the freezer for breakfast grab-n-go.
- olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 handful frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup chopped herbs
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Add the spinach, sun dried tomatoes, quinoa, scallions, olives, and herbs. Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Pour mixture into the muffin tin, filling no more than 3/4" full in each cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through. Remove from the oven, let cool, then store in an airtight ziplock bag in the refrigerator, or freeze some for later!
Lindsey Kane is a Registered Dietitian in Philadelphia. For more nutrition tips and recipes, visit her blog at biteforchange.com.
Read more Goal Getter for healthy eating, weight loss and more.