Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

Del. Gov: Keep Sunoco complex closed until blast cause is found

The Associated Press reports:

Del. Gov: Keep Sunoco complex closed until blast cause is found

The Associated Press reports:

CLAYMONT, Del. — Delaware Gov. Jack Markell says Sunoco’s Claymont ethylene complex should
stay closed until the cause of the explosion and fire there earlier this month is determined and the plant
can run cleanly.

Markell toured the damaged Claymont branch of Sunoco’s Marcus Hook Refinery, which straddles
the Delaware-Pennsylvania border, yesterday afternoon after meeting with firefighters to praise
their quick action during the emergency.

The blaze shut down the Delaware portion of the refinery, but caused no injuries.

Sunoco spokesman Thomas Golembeski says company workers have not verified the cause of the
accident. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration also investigating along with state
environmental agencies.
    
Read more breaking news in our From The Source blog.

About this blog

A blog updated by the Inquirer online desk.

REPORT BREAKING NEWS: Call 215-854-2443

Email online@phillynews.com

Back to philly.com

From the Source
Also on Philly.com
Stay Connected