With the Phillies game postponed tonight, I bet you’re flipping through the channels, looking for something to watch.
Let’s face it… TV on Saturday night is lacking.
How about Chris Pronger facing his old team, the Anaheim Ducks, face-off against the Flyers at the Wachovia Center? The game starts at 7 o’clock on Comcast SportsNet and is available in HD.
When you tune in, here’s what to watch for:
- How does Cherry Hill native Bobby Ryan perform in his first game at the Wachovia Center? After starting the season with Iowa (AHL) last year, Ryan worked his way to Anaheim and posted 57 points in 64 games, eventually making his way up to the Ducks’ top line. He finished 2nd in Calder Trophy voting for Rookie of the Year to Columbus’ Steve Mason.
- How do the Flyers’ third and fourth lines play? What kind of impact do they have? On Thursday against Pittsburgh, the depth lines provided a huge spark that almost ended up in a two-goal comeback against the Penguins.
- Will the Flyers regret having traded Luca Sbisa? He is a young player with a ton of upside. Sbisa will be skating on the Ducks’ third defensive pair.
- How has Joffrey Lupul grown? Where would he have fit in on this Flyers team?
- Will Ray Emery turn it around? Emery looked unbeatable in his first two performances (against Carolina and New Jersey) but just looked average on Tuesday and Thursday (against markedly better opponents in Washington and Pittsburgh). His save percentage has dipped to just .896. That needs to get better.