More injuries?

Ray Emery was pulled from the game during the second period of the Flyers' 5-4 loss at Colorado. (David Zalubowski/AP)

DENVER – The view from the perch on Monday night was not pretty.

I can’t imagine what it was like from the ice – or inside the Flyers’ locker room after the second period. The Flyers had ZERO business having a shot to tie with under a minute left in a game that they trailed by scores of 2-0 and 5-2.

The feel from the room was that John Stevens was fired up after the second period in which the Flyers clawed back to tie the game at two and then allowed three unanswered goals.

“We had a pretty firm discussion between periods there,” Stevens admitted.

“You don’t want to know,” Chris Pronger said when asked about what was said.

Those calling for Stevens to be fired probably would have liked to be a fly on the wall.

“I think Johnny’s message was loud and clear,” Mike Richards said.

Whatever was said worked. That and Claude Giroux’s fearless scrap with pest Marek Svatos

“If we play that way for 60 minutes, we’re going to win most of the games we play,” Stevens said.

That much may be true. But why was “the hill too big to climb,” as Stevens said?

More injuries?!
A doctor inside the Flyers’ locker room last night after the game was seen examining an X-Ray. From where I was standing, I could not make out the image or body part. I was told that it looked like a hand.

I hate to stir the pot, make rumors or speculate, but there are a few different light bulbs popping in my head. (Shocking, right?) For one, Scott Hartnell had his hand wrapped in ice after the game. Kimmo Timonen was pretty much absent from the ice the last five or six minutes.

But Timonen seemed fine postgame.

For now, there is no news. For the Flyers, that’s good news.

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren, via text message, said that “everyone is healthy” and there were “no injuries to report.”

That could easily change between now and Tuesday evening. The Flyers were scheduled for a 2:00 p.m. (EST) practice on Long Island.

That’s going to be a rough skate if they have it. The Flyers weren’t scheduled to land in New York until 3:57 a.m. and they still had a 45 minute bus ride to their hotel before they could sleep.

Emery keeping cool
Upon being pulled from the game, Ray Emery did not shatter his stick – like he did after the 6-3 loss to San Jose on Friday – against the cinderblock in the hallway that leads to the Flyers’ locker room. He allowed 4 goals on 17 shots.

“He’s the coach, he decides those things,” a calm Emery said after the game. “I want to play all the time but you’ve got to understand the team and the players.”

Everyone is still waiting for the shoe to drop with Emery. I’m just not convinced it’s going to happen.

For the latest updates, follow Frank Seravalli on Twitter at