How would you like an entire leg of prosciutto di Parma for yourself - free?
Head to "Cured & Crafted," an evening celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma. Di Bruno Bros. and BigBite Philly have eight chefs paired with craft brewers, competing on Thursday, Feb. 20 at the Power Plant, 230 N. Second St. in Old City.
Attendees get food, craft brews and a specialty cocktails courtesy of Philly Distillery from Jesse Cornell of Sbraga Dining and Resa Mueller of Twenty Manning.
Here's the lineup of chefs and breweries:
• Joe Cicala, Le Virtu, will be paired with Peroni
• Mike Deganis, Osteria, will be paired with Ama (Amarcord)
• Luke Palladino, Luke Palladino Hospitality Group, will be paired with Flying Fish
• Mike Santoro, The Mildred, will be paired with Yards
• Jeremy Nolen, Brauhaus Schmitz, will be paired with Ommegang
• David Ansill, Bar Ferdinand, will be paired with Stoudts
• Doug Allen, Lacroix, will be paired with Brooklyn
• Mike Sultan, Street Food Philly, will be paired with Otter Creek
Sweetbox Shop is creating a dessert made from prosciutto.
Judges will crown Philly’s King of Parma. Guests can win dinner for two at the winning chef’s restaurant by voting over social media. The chef who wins by popular vote will walk away with a leg of Prosciutto di Parma.
But how do you get in on that free, 16-pound ham for your non-chef self? Simply take out your own leg and get a free tattoo of the Parma Crown from the on-site tattoo artist.
You'll walk away with one.
Tickets are $45, or $60 VIP, available here.