Gouda news for cheese-heads: Di Bruno Bros. is ready to give you an education in the dairy arts, courtesy of some cheese-world legends.
Several masters of the cheese universe will assemble at Di Bruno Bros.’ Rittenhouse location on Thursday, June 23 at 6:30 p.m. for “The Legends Series: World Tour.” And while things may get cheesy, you feta believe you'll still feel grate.
A combination tasting event and fundraiser, the “Legends” event will brie in town for one night only, and will benefit the Daphne Zepos Teaching Award. The scholarship works to advance education and information sharing in the global cheese community.
(In queso you'd like to donate to the program on your own, you can do so here.)
Guests on Thursday can look forward to cheese pairings, in-depth talks on various cheeses, and a meet-and-greet with some of the sharpest cheesemakers in the world. The lineup is as follows:
- Fernando Rodriguez Aldudo, 1605 Manchego, Spain
- Sarah Appleby, Appleby's Cheshire, United Kingdom
- Alessandro Carpenedo, Blu '61, Italy
- Giorgio Cravero, Cravero Parmigiano Reggiano, Italy
- Phillipe Goux, Marcel Petite Fort St. Antoine Comté, France
- Betty Koster, L'Amuse Signature Gouda, Holland
- Norbert Sieghart, Alp Blossom, Austria
- Danae Tsekoura, Essex Feta Lesbos, Greece