Nick Macri, the chef and butcher at Border Springs Lamb Farm in Reading Terminal Market, is headed to New York to cook at the James Beard House on May 28.
Border Springs and Rappahannock River Oysters partner several times a year for "Lambs N' Clams" events throughout the country, and the James Beard House has invited them to Manhattan.
Macri will be joined by chef Dylan Fultineer of Rappahannock in Richmond, Va. One of the unique offerings before dinner will be two "Lambs N' Clams" brewed beers by Champion Brewery. The first is a Lambic, which is a Old Rip Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel - Fermented Belgian Blond ale made with Border Springs Farm Lamb. The second is "Clam Bake," a clam gose beer made with Rappahannock River Oysters Olde Salt Clams and hemp seeds.
Check out the menu:
• Lamb Broth–Steamed Olde Salt Clams with Charred Ramps, Lamb Bacon, and Mustard Oil
• PIPPIN HILL FARM & VINEYARDS VIOGNIER 2013
• Charred Chesapeake Eel with Smoked Barcat Oysters, Spring Onions, Fava Beans, Piquillo Peppers, and Parsley
• BOXWOOD ESTATE WINERY ROSÉ 2013
• Virginia Scallops and Braised Lamb Neck with Calasparra Rice, English Peas, Morel Mushrooms, and Green Garlic
• BARBOURSVILLE VINEYARDS NEBBIOLO RESERVE 2011
• Lambchetta with White Anchovy Salsa Verde and Spring Radishes
• BARBOURSVILLE VINEYARDS OCTAGON XIV EDITION 2010
• LINDEN VINEYARDS LATE HARVEST VIDAL 2007
• Petits Fours > Assorted Pastries, Chocolates, and Caramels
Tickets are $170 to the public, here.