Details are beginning to emerge about former Fox New host Megyn’s Kelly’s two new shows at NBC.
Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly, the host’s weekly news magazine show, will premiere on NBC June 4 at 7 p.m. The New York Post was first to report the news.
So far, no guests have been announced, but sources confirm that Fox Sports reporter and Dancing With the Stars host Erin Andrews will be among Kelly’s first interview subjects. Kelly was spotted chatting with Andrews on the beach in Santa Monica, Calif. the day after her apperance at the network's upfront presentation with advertisers.
According to the Post, Kelly is also hopeful about landing a one-on-one interview with Russian president Vladimir Putin. Kelly will travel to Russia in June to moderate a session during the annual St. Petersburg International Economic Fourm. Putin is among a group of panelists that includes Indian prime minister Narendra Modi and Austrian chancellor Christian Kern.
'The conversation will cover a wide range of global political and economic topics, including international trade agreements, cyber-security and the impact of rising military tensions," according to a NBC spokesperson.
With a 7 p.m. time slot, NBC appears to be going after 60 Minutes, the unstoppable news show that’s been an unbeatable news feature at CBS on Sunday nights for 50 years. Kelly will benefit from her show’s June launch date, as 60 Minutes typically airs reruns between May and September.
Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly will run throughout the summer, but it will go off the air in place of Sunday Night Football in the fall and the Winter Olympics, which NBC will air through the end of February 2018.
NBC has yet to announce when Kelly will officially start her new daily morning show, slated for 9 a.m. on weekdays. The network canceled the 9 a.m. hour of The Today show to make room for Kelly, causing Temple grad Tamron Hall to leave the network.
"I've spent enough time staring at the refrigerator, it's time to do some news," Kelly told the Hollywood Reporter last month.
Kelly left Fox News back in January after spending 12 years at the network, reportedly turning down a $20 million a year offer to remain as the network’s highest-rated female star.
The move came in the aftermath of accusations she made in her book Settle for More about being a victim of sexual abuse from former Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes, though Bill O'Reilly also reportedly played a large role in causing Kelly to leave the network.
Over the weekend, Roger Ailes’ son Zachary, 17, speaking at a eulogy for his father, appeared to issue a threat to Kelly and other former Fox News personalities who spoke out about sexual harassment at the network.
“I want all the people who betrayed my father to know that I’m coming after them and hell is coming with me,” Ailes said, according to New York magazine reporter and Ailes biographer Gabriel Sherman.