Adam Richman show pulled after Instagram comments

Jul 01 ( - Travel Channel is indefinitely postponing the July 2 series premiere of Adam Richman's Man Finds Food after the host's incendiary comments on Instagram.

The channel had no details about when show would air. 

“The show will not be airing on July 2,” Richman, the Man vs. Food host, said on Facebook. “Still waiting for a airing date for the show. “Stay tune (sic) MFF fans!”

Last month, Richman drew outrage after he wrote a string of expletives on Instagram in response to fans criticizing his use of the hashtag #thinspiration. 

“Had ordered this suit from a Saville Row tailor over a year ago. Think I'm gonna need to take it in a little…#thinspiration” he wrote. 

When Instagram users called him out for using the term — which is used in pro-anorexia circles –Richman lost his cool and began lashing out. 

“Maybe you'll acknowledge that just because someone is on TV, they are no less worthy of human kindness, respect, forgiveness or patience,” he told one user. “Give me a f—ing break. If anyone acts like a c— I'll call them one. It's not misogyny, it's calling a spade a spade…if my use of the hashtag offended you, it was unintentional & for that I'm sorry.” 

He told another Instagram user to commit suicide. 

“Grab a razor blade and draw a bath,” he wrote. “I doubt anyone will miss you.” 

Richman later apologized and deleted all of his Instagram messages related to the incident. 

“Yes. I've responded to internet hate recently with vile words directed at those hating me,” he wrote. ”I am sorry, I should know better & will do better.”

Continue Reading