U2’s album The Joshua Tree turns 30 this year, and the Irish rockers are celebrating with a tour that will bring them to Lincoln Financial Field on June 18.
The Joshua Tree Tour is U2's first stadium tour since the U2 360° Tour, which ran from 2009 to 2011. Dan DeLuca called the band's 2011 stop at the Linc "a terrifically energetic and crisply performed set."
The Lumineers, Mumford & Sons, and OneRepublic will open at different stops throughout the tour's run. The Lincoln Financial Field gig will feature The Lumineers.
At each stop, U2 will perform The Joshua Tree in its entirety. The 1987 album, U2’s first number-one record in the U.S., features hits “With or Without You,” “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For,” and “Where the Streets Have No Name.”
“Recently, I listened back to The Joshua Tree for the first time in nearly 30 years,” Bono said in a statement. “It’s quite an opera. A lot of emotions which feel strangely current: love, loss, broken dreams, seeking oblivion, polarization. … I’m up for it, if our audience is as excited as we are.”
Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Jan. 17 via Ticketmaster.
The full list of North American Joshua Tree tour dates is below:
- May 12 - Vancouver, British Columbia - BC Place (w/Mumford & Sons)
- May 14 - Seattle - CenturyLink Field (w/Mumford & Sons)
- May 17 - Santa Clara, Calif. - Levi's Stadium (w/Mumford & Sons)
- May 20 - Los Angeles - Rose Bowl (w/The Lumineers)
- May 24 - Houston - NRG Stadium (w/The Lumineers)
- May 26 - Dallas - AT&T Stadium (w/The Lumineers)
- June 3 - Chicago - Soldier Field (w/The Lumineers)
- June 7 - Pittsburgh - Heinz Field (w/The Lumineers)
- June 11 - Miami - Hard Rock Stadium (w/OneRepublic)
- June 14 - Tampa, Fla. - Raymond James Stadium (w/OneRepublic)
- June 18 - Philadelphia - Lincoln Financial Field (w/The Lumineers)
- June 20 - Washington - FedExField (w/The Lumineers)
- June 23 - Toronto - Rogers Centre (w/The Lumineers)
- June 25 - Boston - Gillette Stadium (w/The Lumineers)
- June 28 - East Rutherford, N.J. - MetLife Stadium (w/The Lumineers)
- July 1 - Cleveland - FirstEnergy Stadium (w/OneRepublic)