It's a mother's instinct, to want to protect her brood.
For Kate Gosselin, who has two tween girls and sextuplets with ex-husband Jon Gosselin, this is one reason why she filed a lawsuit against the father of her children.
The Berks County native, who filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against her ex-husband in Philadelphia last month accusing him of stealing her hard drive and hacking into her personal items to gather information for his book, "Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled The World," opened up Tuesday morning about taking legal action against Jon.
"It's in the middle of litigation, so I cannot say a lot about it.," she said on Tuesday's Today show.
"I can say that when we started out investigating the source of what was happening, I made the decision back then to push this. It's a lot of Internet bullying," she told Savannah Guthrie. "Actually, I've lost a lot of employment opportunities over the rumor mill circulating false stuff."
"The most unexpected and disappointing thing is who was at the center of it," Gosselin continued.
She added, "It has to be done for the safety and the future of my kids."
Meanwhile, Jon Gosselin created an uproar last week after his segment with ET revealed that he's currently waiting tables at a restaurant in Stouchsburg, Pa. "I've hit rock bottom like twenty times," he said.
The former IT professional lives in a cabin in Wyomissing, about 30-minutes away from his ex and children, who currently reside in Sinking Spring. Just this week, Gosselin admitted to shooting a gun on his property to scare away a trespassing paparazzo.
The Gosselins starred in what was once America's No. 1 reality TV show, TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8. The two were married for 10 years before they separated in 2009 and subsequently, an ugly divorce.
Watch Kate's interview with the Today show, below.