Aug 13 (TheWrap.com) - Celine Dion announced that she is postponing “all of her show business activities indefinitely” so that she can focus on helping her husband, Rene, who is battling cancer.
The singer will cancel her shows at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace until further notice, and will also cancel a tour of Asia that had been scheduled for the fall.
“I want to devote every ounce of my strength and energy to my husband's healing, and to do so, it's important for me to dedicate this time to him and to our children. I also want to apologize to all my fans everywhere, for inconveniencing them, and I thank them so much for their love and support,” Dion said.
Dion has also been “fighting an illness that has caused inflammation in her throat muscles, and has not been able to perform any of her scheduled shows in Las Vegas since her last show on July 29th,” her publicist said in a statement.
“Since Rene's surgery last December to remove a cancerous tumor, it's been a very difficult and stressful time for the couple as they deal with the day-to-day challenges of fighting this disease while trying to juggle a very active show business schedule, and raise their three young children,” the statement said.