Meet Rock 'n' Hall of Fame presenters
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame announces names of the stars who'll induct this year's honorees at the April 4 ceremony.
Meet Rock ‘n’ Hall of Fame presenters
The mighty Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame has announced names of the pop stars – and a couple of actors – who will induct each one of this year’s honorees into that most revered sect’s secrets, rites, songs, bacchanalian orgies (kidding) at the org’s 27th annual Induction Ceremony.
The solemn ritual, will take place April 4 at the org’s HQ in Cleveland. The evening’s festivities and music can be viewed in an HBO special premiering May 5.
- Beastie Boys will be inducted by Chuck D.
- Donovan will be inducted by John Mellencamp.
- Small Faces/The Faces will be inducted by Stevie Van Zandt.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted by Chris Rock.
- Laura Nyro will be inducted by Bette Midler.
- Freddie King will be inducted by Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill.
- Don Kirshner will be inducted by Carole King.
- Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns will be inducted by Robbie Robertson.
- Last, but not least, the great, mellow smooth mover Smokey Robinson will induct The Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles.
- No One will induct Guns 'n' Roses
Huh? Has no one been picked to present the honors to Axl Rose’s easy-listening outfit? Hall of Fame’s reps say they’ve yet to confirm the lucky presenter and will inform us when they do.
The April 4 shindig will be preceded by a week's worth of special events at the Hall of Fame.