Day Two of the city’s “Listening Tour” drew a bigger crowd than South Philly event. Maybe it was the Center City location. Or maybe it was the fact that the venue was the Center for Architecture. But there seemed to be more feedback on how a project would fit into the surrounding neighborhood.
One of the “facilitators” who was hired by the city to record comments from visitors said opinions fell into two camps: Those who thought the Stadium District was the best location because it would keep a casino away from Center City; and those who thought a Center City location would be better in order to spur other development.
- Market8: “Will do more to help city.”
- The Provence: “Location revitalize neighborhood.”
- Live! Hotel & Casino: Good to “keep away from neighborhoods.”
- Casino Revolution: “Has to merge with urban fabric.”
- Wynn Philadelphia: “Public park concept fantastic.”
- Hollywood Casino: “Like that it’s smaller.”