Some updates from the NovaCare Complex:
* Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel was excused from Friday's practice for personal reasons, but is expected to play Sunday against Miami.
* Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is listed as questionable for the game, but will make the trip, coach Andy Reid said. He took reps with the scout team. He told reporters that he intends to play.
*Corner Nnamdi Asomugha told reporters his knee problem is a mild MCL sprain. Asomugha, expected to play a role in the coverage of big, physical Miami wideout Brandon Marshall, said he often lined up against Marshall when Asomugha was a Raider and Marshall was a Bronco.
"We went at it a lot when we were both in the AFC West. I would just follow him across the field," Asomugha recalled. "He's a really good player, big challenge ... He likes to grab at the line; they never call it. You see it on film. I used to hate that ... He gets away with it sometimes, but that's his thing, to be physical, like a (Larry) Fitzgerald."
* Reid said Michael Vick took every snap in practice this week.
* Reid said Casey Matthews has earned the right to be on the field in the nickel. He said the linebackers are a young group that is getting better. Asked to delineate their improvement, he said it was mainly in pass defense.
* Guard Danny Watkins, who was listed as a limited practice participant Thursday, took part in practice today and is fine for the game, Reid said.
* Reid said he was happy with the team's week of preparation.
* On the injury report, all these players are listed as probable: Asomugha (concussion, knee), DE Trent Cole (hand), T King Dunlap (concussion), T Todd Herremans (biceps), DT Cullen Jenkins (thumb), DT Trevor Laws (knee), WR Jeremy Maclin (hamstring, shoulder), LB Brian Rolle (neck), QB Michael Vick (ribs), G Danny Watkins (ankle).
To read previous reports and see this week's edition of Word on the Birds, click here.