As expected in the aftermath of a physical victory over Minnesota yesterday, the Eagles’ injury list was a long one, heading into Sunday’s NFC Divisional Playoff game against the Giants.
* Running back Brian Westbrook has a sore knee, but “it’s no different than it has been all year,” coach Andy Reid said. Figure Westbrook will continue to be limited in practice this week as the Eagles manage the amount of snaps he takes during the week.
* Fullback Dan Klecko has a shoulder contusion that forced Correll Buckhalter to play at fullback for part of Sunday’s game. Coach Andy Reid said the injury was “not as bad as we had anticipated.”
* Rookie offensive lineman Mike McGlynn has a torn hamstring and is doubtful for this week.
* Tackle Jon Runyan is sore with a knee sprain, but made it through the game Sunday and shows no signs of not playing against the Giants.
* Wide receiver Greg Lewis has a foot strain. “He feels pretty good today,” Reid said. Lewis was injured in warmups when he stepped on cornerback Lito Sheppard’s foot.
* Cornerback Asante Samuel missed some time with a hip strain, but should be fine for this week, Reid said.
* Defensive end Victor Abiamiri was meeting with a foot specialist to recheck his status and see if he can resume football activities. “He’s feeling better, not 100 percent,” Reid said.
* Guard Shawn Andrews, who has not played since Week 2, was heading back to California to be checked by surgeon Dr. Robert Watkins. “Shawn is not there yet. If he gets the OK, then we would allow him to get back out and start practicing.”
Other comments from Reid:
* On the matchup with the Giants: "They will be as good as we would expect. It's going to be a knockdown, drag-out NFC East brawl. We’ll be ready and they will be ready."
* On the much-asked question about the run-pass balance and his willingness to stick with the run Sunday, even despite limited early returns: "We tried to keep it as balanced as we could so I didn’t have to answer that question. I can’t believe you asked that question, but I am kind of glad you did."