The Eagles sent out their game notes to the media for Friday's presason opener against Pittsburgh and it includes the first official depth chart. This is far from gospel, so do not read too much into it, but there are some interesting things to note ...
* Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard are listed as the co-starters at right cornerback. Guess that clears up whether Lito has lost his starting job, at least on paper.
* Shawn Andrews is still listed as the starter at right guard with Max Jean-Gilles as his backup, although it does note that Andrews did not report. Of course, we are all aware of the Andrews situation, first reported here on Eagletarian on Monday afternoon. Rookie Mike McGlynn is listed behind Todd Herremans at left guard.
* Jason Davis is listed as the starter at fullback, with Luke Lawton on the second team and Jed Collins on the third team.
* Correll Buckhalter is listed as the backup to Brian Westbrook at running back with Lorenzo Booker on the third team and Tony Hunt behind him.
* Rookie DeSean Jackson does not even make the three-deep at either wide receiver slot, although all the players ahead of him are veterans, so that might be symbolic more than anything else. He is listed as the punt returner, with Booker as the kick returner and rookie Quintin Demps the backup at both spots.
* Victor Abiamiri, who is out following wrist surgery, is listed as the backup to Juqua Parker at left defensive end, with free-agent signee Chris Clemons on the third team.
* Dan Klecko and Trevor Laws are listed as the backup defensive tackles behind starters Mike Patterson and Brodrick Bunkley. Veterans Montae Reagor and Kimo von Oelhoffen are on the third team.
* Pretty striking to see the names of the backups at linebacker behind the young starting trio of Chris Gocong, Stewart Bradley and Omar Gaither -- Akeem Jordan on the weakside, rookie Joe Mays in the middle and free-agent acquisition Rocky Boiman on the strong side.