What we're talking about on the morning after the Eagles' win over the Giants:
1. The running fullback. With Brian Westbrook out with a concussion, Andy Reid decided to give some ball-carrying work to fullback Leonard Weaver. Weaver, who had just four carries in the first six games, had 8 Sunday for a career-high 75 yards, including a 41-yard touchdown run on the Eagles’ first possession.
2. Big-play Eagles. Who needs sustained drives. None of the Eagles’ five touchdown drives against the Giants were longer than 4 plays. They scored three of their TDs on 40-plus yard plays. Just 3 of their 20 TD drives this season have been longer than 6 plays.
3. The opportunistic defense. The defense had 3 more takeaways Sunday, which were converted into 17 of the Eagles’ 40 points. They have a league-high 21 takeaways and a plus-13 turnover differential in their first 7 games.
4. Return of the good Donnie. After two poor games, McNabb snapped out of his funk and turned in the best performance of his career against the Giants. He threw 3 TDs, averaged more than 10 yards per attempt and had a 146.7 passer rating.
5. Two down, one to go. Three division games in three weeks looked like a daunting challenge after last month’s ugly loss to the Raiders. But the Eagles beat the Redskins and took out the Giants and can go 3-0 in the division if they beat the Cowboys Sunday night at the Linc.
5 NUMBERS TO PONDER