Some end-of-day-one thoughts on the Eagles:
1) With the drafting of DeSean Jackson and the offseason acquisitions of free agents Rocky Boiman, Dan Klecko, Kris Wilson and Chris Clemons, their special teams should be a lot better this season, which should also translate into better field position for the offense and poorer field position for the opponent.
2) Pray that the Carolina Panthers are really bad next season.
3) The selection of Notre Dame DT Trevor Laws with the 47th overall pick is a good move that should allow Jim Johnson to keep starting DTs Brodrick Bunkley and Mike Patterson fresh.
4) I don't know what it means that Lito Sheppard still is an Eagle. They'd be a better football team if he stayed and played hard. But his contract situation pretty much makes that impossible.
5) Eagles have 10 picks in the final 5 rounds, but they don't have roster spots for 12 new players. Expect them to package many of their fifth, sixth and seventh round picks to improve their position in the third and fourth and target players they want. I expect them to walk away from this draft with 8 players max.