Worker electrocuted at Temple U. dentistry school

An electrician died yesterday morning at Temple University after he apparently got electrocuted while changing a light fixture inside Temple University's Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, police said.

Shawn McCool, 24, of Woodbury, N.J., died at 10:21 a.m. at Temple University Hospital after the 9:35 a.m. accident inside the school on Broad Street near Allegheny Avenue, police spokeswoman Officer Tanya Little said.

McCool had been working with employer JJ White in the second phase of renovations of the dental school's clinical space, a Temple spokeswoman said.

Continue Reading