Seven shot, three dead in 10 hours

Seven people were shot - three fatally - on Philadelphia streets in the span of 10 hours from Saturday night to Sunday morning, police said.

The bloodshed began around 6:48 p.m. Saturday when a 28-year-old man was shot several times in the head while in the driver's seat of a Chrysler minivan on Sartain Street near Porter in South Philadelphia, according to police.

The victim, whose name has not been released, was transported to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 7:07 p.m.

At 10:21 p.m., police responded to reports of a person with a gun on Vare Avenue near Point Breeze Avenue in South Philadelphia. Once on location, cops found a 37-year-old man who had multiple gunshot wounds to his body.

The man, whose identity has not been released, was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 10:40 p.m

A double shooting on Broad Street near Ruscomb in the city's Logan section at 12:50 a.m. sent two men to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Police discovered one of the victims, a 30-year-old man, suffering from gunshot wounds to his right hip at the scene. He was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center, where he was placed in stable condition. The other victim, a 20-year-old man, was taken by a private car to the same hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his right arm, according to police. 

The suspect in that case is described as a light-complexioned black man between 25 and 30 and between 5-feet-5 and 5-feet-7. He has a goatee and was wearing a hoodie with gray and black stripes. He may have been driving a blue 1995 Buick, police said.

Around 2:07 a.m., police were called to Federal Street near 15th in Point Breeze where they found a 22-year-old man inside of a house with gunshot wounds to his left side and upper back.

He was taken to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 2:34 a.m. Police said the man, whose identity has not been released pending family notification, was outside on Federal Street when he was shot and ran inside of the house to seek cover.

At 3:15 a.m., a man in his 20s was shot once in the groin and once in the buttocks while on Cumberland Street near 12th in North Philadelphia. He was taken to Temple University Hospital where he is listed in critical condition, according to police.

Police also shot a suspect around 4:19 a.m. on 9th Street near Hunting Park Avenue in Hunting Park. That man is in critical condition, but the details of that case were not immediatley available.