A 25-year-old man who police say killed an innocent bystander and wounded three other people in a shooting in Kensington earlier this month surrendered to authorities late last week.
Police said after an investigation into the murder of Amanda Martinez, 20, who was killed in the crossfire when a gunman sprayed Somerset Street near Lee the evening of April 9, a warrant was issued Thursday for 25-year-old Luis Soto, who lives on Lee Street near the scene of the shooting. Soto surrendered to police the same day and has been charged with murder and related offenses for Martinez’s death, police said.
Soto is also charged with three counts of attempted murder for wounding three men, ages 18, 21 and 35, in the same shooting.
Court records show that Soto in 2010 pleaded guilty to drug dealing charges and was sentenced to two to four years in jail followed by two years of probation.
He was arraigned for the quadruple shooting Friday and is scheduled to appear in court again June 3.