They were idiots who thought it was funny to be cruel to an animal.
That's how authorities described a pair of teens who shoved a cat inside a microwave and then dropped the device from a third story window inside a house on G Street near Annsbury in Juniata Park about 3 p.m. today.
Amazingly, the cat survived, but not without suffering a severe concussion, said George Bengal, the director of law enforcement for the Pennsylvania SPCA.
Bengal said the teens, ages 15 and 16, were arrested and charged with animal cruelty. One of them lived inside the house where the cat was dropped. Bengal said the youths first spotted the stray cat a few days ago.
"Two kids being very stupid. They thought this was a joke," Bengal said.