The administration has scheduled more outreach sessions for people who have questions about or need help with the city's new property-tax system, the Actual Value Initiative, or AVI.
Attending residents can get help understanding their assessment notices, which were mailed out starting last month, and filling out paperwork like an assessment appeal and a homestead-exemption application (to get a tax break, if you own the house you live in). The sessions are intended to be one-on-one meetings, not townhall-style meetings.
Here's the new schedule:
• Saturday, March 23, 10am-5pm – Bethel Chapel, 4100 K Street
• Saturday, March 23, 10am-5pm – Roxborough Memorial Hospital, 5800 Ridge Avenue
• Saturday, March 23, 10am-2pm – Martin Luther King High School, 6100 Stenton Avenue
• Monday, March 25, 6pm-8pm – Overbrook Library, 7422 Haverford Avenue
• Tuesday, March 26, 6pm-9pm – Cescaphe Ballroom, 923 N. 2nd Street
• Wednesday, March 27, 6pm-9pm – Holy Spirit School, 1845 Hartranft Street
• Wednesday, March 27, 6pm-9pm – Protestant Homes, 6500 Tabor Avenue